January 16, 2009

My New Favorite Smoothie

In my current cycle of trying to eat healthier, I thought I'd have another go at making smoothies. I've never had great success, but I think that's because I was trying without recipes - some people can do that, but apparently, not me. Anyhow, I found this great one that everyone at my house loves. It's super easy and healthy, and today I tried it on Amy Mills and the Mercer boys, and they loved it, too, so it's officially kid friendly.

Frozen strawberries
Banana
Canned pineapple
Orange juice

I know I didn't list amounts. I use about 8-10 strawberries, one banana, a fourth of the can of pineapple, and maybe 1/2 cup of the orange juice. That makes enough for two glass fulls. Throw it in the blender for a few minutes (the longer the smoother). I usually don't sweeten it, but it is a little tart, so I threw in a couple tablespoons of Splenda today for the kids, and that took the edge off. Hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lisa Mercer said...

Sounds yummy and I just bought oj:) Thanks for the recipe Beth.